Selworthy recently partook in Hubspot's Agency Pipeline Generation Bootcamp run by Dan Tyre (Sales Director @ Hubspot). As a Hubspot Partner, we believe it is important to gain insight from other industry professionals; Immersing ourselves in the 8-week course brought immense value to our business.
So what did we learn? Well...
- Relate - Who wants to talk with someone they can't relate with? No one! This is not only true in your personal world, but in business too. Much like in our personal lives and how you communicate with your closest confidants, listening to your clients and ascertaining their needs is crucial in communicating in a way that shows your client that you not only understand their needs, but also that your services align with them.
- Focus Focus Focus - Even if you work with multiple industries, target your outreach to one industry at a time. Not only will you be able to improve your (sales) toolset, but your messaging, ideas, and comfort level will exponentially improve with each and every conversation you have with a prospect in that industry. Customers want to know that you have helped others in their industry achieve their goals.
- Educate & Help - You're probably saying "I don't have time to..." "I can't afford to..." Everyones time is valuable. We get it. But you can't afford not to help and educate. First, you won't go unnoticed; not everyone takes the time to provide insight. Second, what better way to show you are an expert in your industry or subject matter than by educating?
- Persistency & Consistency - We all know that both persistency and consistency are key in sales. But how important are they really? Well, extremely important. Many times the connection or first meaningful interaction isn't made until the 5th or 6th touchpoint (sometimes it takes even more than that).
- Silence is a Virtue - Ok, so you have peaked their interest. You tell yourself "let me keep talking, right?" Wrong! This is where silence can be huge. Let the prospect think, they will realize you have something valuable to say and that your outreach isn't in-fact cold. Many times they will also realize they need your services even more when you let them talk through it out loud.
- Video! - So we all know video is a huge part of the future of sales and marketing. The future is now. Having a hard time jumping on a call and breaking the ice? Just send over a video email to your prospect and you can consider the ice broken! Also, having the integration of video elements throughout your online presence and marketing campaigns can bring some highly sought after results. Allowing visitors a visual aide or method of delivery for information can often times be extremely effective. Videos provide clarity as well as simplicity to the learning process.
The underlying message... Be a LION - Lions have evolved and adapted to their environments to maximize their effectiveness and ability to establish themselves as the rulers of the animal kingdom. Utilize your resources, do your due diligence, build out a strategy, set goals, be persistent and your authority will propagate. You don't get what you don't go for!